UHAS-GHANA SUMMER SCHOOL
African Perspectives on Health, Culture and Societal Wellbeing
We are happy to invite you to this year’s University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) Summer School in Ghana, West Africa. The programme will take place in Ho (also known as the “Oxygen City”), which is about two-and-half hours by road to the east of Accra. Ho is the administrative capital of Volta region. There are 16 regions (or provinces) in Ghana.
The Main Campus of UHAS will host the programme, from May 1 to June 23, 2023 in two time-slots. All interested parties are invited to choose the most suitable session/window to visit and experience Ghanaian hospitality, rich culture and tourist sites.
Who is Eligible to attend?
• Students (undergraduate and postgraduate)
• Clinicians across various disciplines
• Persons who wish to experience Africa through Ghana
Programme Fee and other Costs
Fees and Other Charges (in U.S. dollars)
WINDOW 1, May 1 to May 31, 2023: $2,150.00
WINDOW 2, June 1 to June 23, 2023: $1,580.00
(NB: Accommodations are within new UHAS student hostels/residences. The programme fee covers accommodation, field trips, visits to tourist sites, all in-country ground transport, airport pick-up and drop-off, and other fees that are part of course programme activities).
Meals (Breakfast & Lunch) Optional:
Meal cost per head per day is $15.00
(NB: Total anticipated cost of meals must be paid during Registration).
Applicants are to pay all monies into the account below:
• Bank Name: Fidelity Bank Ghana Limited
• Branch: Ho
• Account Name: UHAS Dollar Fees
• Account Number: 1951251224022
• Swift Code: FBLIGHAC
• Bank Address: Ridge Towers, PMB 43, Cantonment Accra, Ghana
To register, kindly fill the UHAS Summer School Application Form. You will be required to attach proof of payment. Submit the completed application form with proof of payment not later than the deadline for your selected session/window.
- WINDOW 1, May 1 to 31, 2023
Deadline: March 31, 2023
- WINDOW 2, June 1 to 23, 2023
Deadline: April 30, 2023
What Should Participants Expect?
The course will offer a blend of interactive academic, social and cultural events including:
- Interactive academic workshops on emerging health conditions of public health interest, indigenous African culture, socio-cultural issues in health, traditional and alternative medicine, and health systems in Africa.
- Field trips, community visits and engagement through volunteerism
- Social and cultural networking events
- Visits to beautiful tourist sites including:
- The breath-taking mountain Afadjato (Ghana’s highest mountain)
- The fascinating Tagbo falls
- The lovely and friendly monkeys at Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary
- The Amedzofe canopy walk and Cultural Village
- Tours of Elmina and Cape Coast castles, and other intriguing historical national monuments
What are the Benefits?
- Certificate of participation and academic credits for experiential learning
- Exposure to indigenous African culture, including music and dance
- Opportunity to network with other participants across the globe
- Engagement with local communities
- Community service and volunteerism
- Understanding the dynamics in African worldview of health and sickness
- Knowledge sharing from renowned global experts in public health
For enquiries about participation, application process, travel and visa details, contact:
UHAS Office of International Programs
University of Health and Allied Sciences
PMB 31, Ho VR, Ghana
Mobile: +233 207851493
Follow us on social media:
@UHASGhana on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn; @UHASTV on Youtube
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to expand your international experience.
Please share this great opportunity within your networks.