Announcement – MARCAD PLUS Fellowship 2023 Ghana: Postdoctoral Positions at UHAS
MARCAD Plus is a consortium of institutions putting together their capacities to contribute significantly to malaria and NTDs elimination in West and Central Africa. MARCAD Plus is sponsored by the Welcome Trust and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), working in partnership with the Science for Africa Foundation (SFA).
MARCAD Plus is launching a new capacity-building programme for Master, PhD and Postdoctoral in the thematic areas of control and elimination of Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) (Schistosomiasis & Soil-Transmitted Helminths). With this programme, MARCAD Plus seeks to train African scientists able to provide relevant answers for the control and elimination of malaria and NTDs.
Details on the programme and consortium can be found on our official website at www.marcad-africa.org.
This call is a re-advertisement for postdoctoral positions at the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) in Ghana.
This postdoctoral fellowship is for three (3) years. Up to 113 272 euros will be provided to cover salary, research costs, training costs, mentorship, career development and scientific visits to partner Institutions.
Successful candidates will receive advanced training, supervision & mentorship, international exposure, and build their research capacities. The programme will facilitate their networking and collaboration with other institutions and help them become competitive for international funding.
* We strongly encourage applications from women researchers and other underrepresented groups.
Who can apply?
- African citizens from West & Central Africa
- Who lives in Malaria and NTDs endemic countries in West & Central Africa and
- Who intends to focus their career on Malaria and NTDs research
* A postdoctoral fellowship applicant must have a PhD degree or equivalent and appropriate research experience.
The scientific proposal must abide by one research domain of the selected hosted institution. Detailed information on the fellowship programme, Malaria and NTDs research topics being carried out by this partner can be found here for our Partner in Ghana.
- A completed application form – DOWNLOAD THE FORM
- Your CV (Training, Studies & Research, Publications, Oral Presentations, Posters, Research Experience)
- A letter from the institution where you obtained the PhD or equivalent degree used to support this application, or from the research institution where you currently work.
- A certified copy each of complete academic transcript(s) and certificate(s).
Complete applications must be received by October 10, 2023, at 11:00 PM GMT.
* NB: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The selection committee reserves the right to make a final decision about suitable candidates, considering the above criteria
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Gifty Dufie Ampofo
Head, Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine
University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho VR Ghana
Mr. Ekoue Kouevidjin
MARCAD-Plus Programme Manager
University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal