THE EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
There shall be four Executive Officers, to wit: the President, the Vice President, the Secretary and the Treasurer, elected under the SRC Constitution.
The SRC Federal President
The President shall be the chief spokesman of all students in this University. The authority of the President shall extend to the execution and maintenance of all provisions of the SRC:
- The President shall represent the undergraduates at the University Council Board. In situations when the President is a graduate student, a representative to the University Council shall be appointed by the General Assembly, but where impossible, shall be appointed by the Executive Committee, provided that such appointee is an undergraduate student;
- The President shall give final authorization to any financial disbursement approved by the Executive Committee;
- The President shall direct, for all intents and purposes, in a disciplined manner, the day to day affairs of the SRC;
- The SRC President shall represent the SRC in any court in which proceedings against or on behalf of the SRC are heard.
The SRC Federal Vice President
There shall be a Vice President of the SRC who shall perform such functions as provided for in clause (3) of this article. The Vice President shall perform duties and functions which shall include:
- Assisting the President in the performance of his duties;
- Acting in the absence of the President and when so acting, shall be vested with all the powers of the President, subject to the provisions of this Constitution;
- Acting as an ex-officio member of all committees or commissions of the General Assembly and shall coordinate the activities of such committees or commissions provided for in this Constitution, and or under a resolution of the General Assembly;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the President Executive Committee;
The Vice President shall, on the assumption of office, subscribe before the general student body at a public gathering, the Presidential oath set out in the First Schedule to this Constitution.
The SRC Federal Secetary
There shall be a Secretary who shall be the Secretary to the Executive Committee. The Secretary shall perform duties and functions which include:
- Keeping and maintaining true and accurate minute’s records of all proceedings of the Executive Committee meetings;
- Responsible for all correspondence of the SRC, with the exception of the correspondence of the General Assembly;
- Communicating to the general student body, at least once every month when school is in session, the current state of affairs with respect to business pertaining to the SRC particularly and to student welfare in General;
- The performance of other duties assigned by the President or the Executive Committee.
The SRC Federal Treasurer
There shall be a Treasurer who shall perform duties and functions which shall include:
- The receipt of all moneys and revenues accruing to the SRC or committees commissions of the SRC, and the disbursement of such moneys as the Executive Committee shall direct, subject to the approval of the General Assembly;
- Carrying out, under the supervision of the President, all financial transactions of the SRC in accordance with the provisions of this constitution;
- Keeping and maintaining proper records of accounts of all moneys, revenues, and assets to which the SRC is entitled;
- Be one of the signatories to vouchers and requests made for funds on behalf of the SRC;
- Performing other duties assigned to him/her by the President or the Executive Committee.
The SRC Federal Women's Commissioner
There shall be a Women's Commissioner who shall be charged with the responsibility of:
- Aiding female students in realizing themselves as an important resource so as to contribute to the Advancement of society;
- Assisting in finding solutions to problems in connection with women-related ideals;
- Helping to prepare the female student for a more responsible and responsive role in life after school;
- Serving as a link between female students and other groups with the view to sharing ideas and strategies on issues concerning women;
- Inculcating in the female student, a sense of inclusion, solidarity, and active participation in campus activities;
- Helping to raise the self-esteem and confidence of female students;
- Improving and strengthening communication and co-operation between the sexes;
- Creating a platform for re-kindling the potential of female students.